Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Welcome to the 21st Century!

This is just a quick post to announce that Ancient Arts now has both a Facebook page and a Twitter account. You can find us under the user name Ancient Arts Henna on Facebook and follow us on Twitter at Ancient_Arts. The Facebook posts will automatically appear as tweets as well.

I also wanted to share some of the designs from this summer...

Tribal swirls shoulder piece

Persian hand/palm

Sun and stars sole

Cherry blossoms hand

Arabic strip on leg

Arabic strip on leg, close-up

Close-up of Persian leg piece

floral strip

Arabic/Persian arm/hand piece

Persian/Arabic palm

And finally, I learned an important lesson today that I thought I would pass on to folks. I have a small scar on my calf, thanks to a run in with a sharp seashell. It's barely noticeable normally, but look what happened when I put henna over it...

Scars + henna = bad news

So, lesson learned. Don't henna over scars. Fortunately, it's not all that noticeable in the bigger piece:

Japanese-style cherry blossoms with "ribbons"

I hope you've enjoyed! Please feel free to leave a comment.




No comments:

Post a Comment